IT is Prescient Solutions’ core competency.
The typical Prescient client is a mid-market organization that employs one to five internal IT staff, but frequently goes to outside IT consultants for specialized projects and emergency services. Our typical client is interested in strategic, long-term planning for their technology needs, as opposed to tactical, short-term fixes and patches. They realize that IT is a strategic part of doing business and looks at their relationship with Prescient as a business investment.
That’s where Prescient Solutions comes in.
Prescient increases your bottom line
By understanding your business, your competition and how you make money, Prescient can help you leverage IT improvements to cut costs and boost profits.
• Prescient streamlines costs: Eliminates long-term employee costs, such as pensions and health care contributions, as well as short-term employee costs for recruitment, training and paid vacations
• Prescient sticks to budget: Provides a fixed bid contract—so there are no extra charges for overtime, weekend or holiday hours
• Prescient improves efficiencies: Applies technologies to create efficiencies in new and existing processes and models for competing in the market
• Prescient increases productivity: Extends new processes, like sales entry for remote salespeople, remote data collection for maintenance and delivery vehicles and new types of collaboration across multiple business units, helping our customers’ bottom line
• Prescient manages resources: Reviews vendor agreements and right-sizes resources, avoids irrelevant line items and gains better discounts by forcing vendors to compete and provide better terms
Prescient brings specialized IT expertise
With 15 years of experience in the Chicago marketplace and a sterling reputation among our clients for IT excellence, we bring tested processes to each and every client. Our people are versed in the technologies critical for keeping operations running and growing. Documenting best practices for the full range of infrastructure and application development and strictly adhering to those best practices isn’t just what we do—it’s who we are.
• Prescient creates standards: Establishes an account services manual, or a blueprint, specific to each client, including current diagrams and configurations and escalation procedures
• Prescient stays up-to-date: Keeps up on trends in the marketplace and is able to keep our customers far ahead of the technology curve
• Prescient keeps learning: Shares best practices and emerging technologies, which keeps our onsite technologists on top of IT trends and, by extension, all of our clients. Our consultants move around, share their expertise and continually train each other.
• Prescient advises the nation: Has nationally-recognized leadership at your disposal. CIO Jerry Irvine has been cited by numerous publications (New York Times, CIO, PC Today) as an expert in IT, commenting on current trends, such as cloud computing, cyber security and IT employment. He is a member of the National Cyber Security Task Force, responsible for advising federal decision makers on cyber security policy. Irvine provides strategic direction for all clients and oversees product innovation and client service. Having him as our CIO is having him as your CIO.
Prescient: Not your garden-variety geeks
Prescient is unique in Chicago, due to the service-driven aspect of our long-term engagements. While we certainly use technology to support our processes, we rely most on close relationships between the client and our onsite teams, as well as account relationship managers and Prescient executives.
• Prescient embeds in your office: Works onsite to serve your team—we become part of your team. We work, live and act as employees, but provide the best practice and levels of support only found in an outsourcing partner.
• Prescient cross-collaborates: Provides resources onsite, full-time, where we are not only exposed to the technology and business processes, but are also collaborating on an ongoing basis with various managers and departments so that we know the organization as well as the technology involved
• Prescient never sleeps: Commits to the highest quality of client service—anytime, anywhere. Whether during a holiday or a Chicago blizzard, we work until the job is complete and the client is happy.